Data Curation Specialization (GPA: 3.84)
Computer Information Systems w/ concentrations in Programming and Networking, (GPA: 3.8)
· Strategic Leadership for Research IT in areas of Support, Training and Outreach. Provide oversight and management of entire Research IT Support area and teams within. Actively seeking stakeholder guidance to balance priorities for all efforts in coordination with Research IT Leadership. Developed and implemented a variety of metrics based on vision, mission and goals.
· Manage graduate student workers, allocated staff, and campus volunteers, forming a dynamic team
· Led all project work to successfully build and implement Research IT Portal, the top priority project for Technology Services, 2017-18. Followed by successful administration and active work on growth and expansion of service, as well as completion of project plan for phase 2 development.
· Coordinate all efforts and relationship with outside vendor for Research IT Portal development.
· Designed top-notch, robust and dynamic cloud-based infrastructure with growth in mind for the Research IT Portal by closely partnering with and utilizing nationally known NSF-Funded XSEDE (The Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment) info warehouse resources.
· Ideation of Natural Language Processing in Research IT Portal and staffed with Grad Student Developers
· Continually build invaluable campus relationships with an eye towards bolstering existing services as well as identifying needs and creating new services for the entire Illinois research community.
· Constantly explore ways to engage pertinent Illinois communities, including researchers, administrators, and IT Professionals.
· Formed and lead advisory group with stakeholder representatives to help inform decisions for current and future Research IT offerings.
· Work closely with internal Technology Services partners to build a successful Research IT Support service and presence on campus. Learned and leveraged best practices for project and service management as well as communications by working closely with those respective Technology Services’ teams.
· Built and manage consulting programs for new Research IT consulting services in partnership with NCSA.
· Realized and staffed new Research IT training workshops in conjunction with Scholarly Commons
· Implement and apply data-driven analytics and metrics to guide decision making
Part of Media Information Communication and Web teams. Focused on outreach to units across campus in regard to Mobile, WordPress, and Research Technology along with other initiatives. Created student advisory group to gather student input and help guide existing and new services.
Part of the Emerging Technology and Classrooms teams. Focused on integrating new and emerging technologies into instructors’ curriculums. Worked directly with a wide variety of faculty and researchers. Provided in-class instruction and support for emerging technologies alongside faculty. Helped transfer campus WordPress to CITES and became service manager of publish.illinois.edu in 2014. Server Manager for legacy LAMP systems, developed & implemented plan for upgrades and eventual retirement. Supervised student classroom workers. A re-org led to the end of Academic Technology Services.
Responsible for all web development and web content for the Illinois Marathon. Coordinated efforts to migrate all static php/html content to WordPress.
Wrote chapter on “Technology in Communication” for the textbook, College English and Communication 10th edition
Determined user needs and requirements then translated into application features for primary programmer. Managed support and training team members to be sure quality service and support was delivered and met users’ needs. Efforts included documentation, training, knowledge base creation, app testing & more. Suggested and created position because user support needs were increasing and not being met.
Led ALL aspects of the top priority project for Technology Services for a campus-wide effort with a successful deployment of Version 1 & a developed and defined plan for Version 2 in progress. Includes cloud-based infrastructure design, development, vendor relations, budgeting, planning, team building, campus collaborations, governance, marketing, national partnership and more. Managing all aspects of continued administration and support, as well as leading next efforts with a strategic plan and continued development for version 2 and beyond using direct feedback from Version 1.
Elected Representative for District 2, 3-year term, 2016. Communications Chair, 2017
Committee Member, 2012-2016, Tech Lead for 2012-13
Planning Committee Member and AP Representative